Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cocoa Velvet - Esther's Cupcakes

COCOA! COCOA! COCOA! ...Okay, now that I've got your attention, it time for my next cupcake recommendation....Cocoa Velvet from Esther's Cupcakes in Sacramento, CA (http://www.estherscupcakes.com/). After many years I hearing about Esther's Cupcakes. I finally made it in to bakery for a "little sample" (would you consider 4 cupcakes a sample?...I do)! The cocoa velvet is a chocolate cupcake with a cream cheese buttercream frosting. The cake itself is, if this is at all possible...light, moist, and dense! You can taste the freshness of the cocoa...imagine fresh cocoa being sifted and folded into the cake batter. The pleasant cocoa flavor provides a warmth...like hot cocoa...and remains with you even after the cupcake is gone! The cupcake is decorated with a simple, yet elegant edible chocolate flower on top of a nicely balanced cream cheese buttercream frosting (and not too soft...I think you already know how I feel about soft cream cheese frosting). I look forward to "sampling" more of Esther's Cupcakes including: savory sweet corn, peanut butter, strawberry shortcake, and coconut! Cupcake cost is $2.75.

1 comment: